“Holy grail” is one of those words that is used too often for products that don’t necessarily live up to the name. But for me, there is one true holy grail: the Su:m 37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick.
No matter how many products I’m trying, no matter what condition my skin is in, this cleanser never, ever fails me. It’s gentle, full of beneficial ingredients, multi-tasks, and is 100% travel friendly.
One of the best things about this cleanser is that it multi-tasks like a dream. By now, you may have already heard of the double-cleansing method. Don’t want to invest in two cleansers? Or simply don’t want to take two cleansers with you on a trip? Good news–this stick cleanser can take off your makeup (first cleanse) and clean your face (second cleanse)! The oils in this cleanser not only calm and nourish the skin, they dissolve makeup like a dream. I took this baby with me on a getaway trip, with a little grain of doubt in my mind about whether it could actually fill the shoes of two cleansers. I swiped my face with face cotton soaked in makeup remover to check for residue, and–nothing! Completely clean. No dryness, tightness, redness…just clean, soft, fresh skin. Just the way skin should be.
How to use
Even though the Su:m 37 Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick can be used for both steps of the double-cleansing method, I like the luxury of using a cleansing balm first, then the cleansing stick. It’s also an effective, yet gentle cleanser for the morning.
- Remove any eye makeup and lip makeup with makeup remover.
- Always wet your face before applying the cleanser, even if you have face makeup on. The Rose Cleansing Stick is basically a tube of soap, and wetting your face will help the soap glide across your skin without tugging. Open the cap and twist the product from the tube. I only have just enough clear the edge of the tube to keep the rest of the stick dry and sanitary, around 2mm. Also to prevent it from (god forbid) breaking.
- Apply the cleansing stick to your face. I like to swipe once on my forehead, both cheeks, nose, chin, and both sides of my neck. Yes, your neck needs that TLC, too. Even for cleansing!
- Gently massage the cleanser in circular motions. It will not foam much if you are using it for the makeup removing step, but it will foam noticeably more for the second step, or if you use it in the morning.
- Wash off. Repeat for second step if necessary.
- Soft, clean, non-irritated skin!!
Glycerin: A common humectant. Humecta-what? Humectants attract water from its surroundings and hold more than its weight in H2O. This means that glycerin will attract water to your skin and plump it up, which helps with hydration and overall skin health.
Lauric Acid: This is a fatty acid found in coconut oil and has anti-microbial properties. That means it’s actively combating acne-causing bacteria!
Green Tea Seed Oil: A favorite in the Asian skincare world. Anti-inflammatory and a powerful anti-oxidant.
Yeast/Fermented Rose Extract Filtrate: Fermentation helps ingredients become a richer, more potent version of themselves, and when used in skincare, your face reaps the benefits. The process creates amino acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, and helps with anti-aging, firming skin, and brightening.
Here’s the full ingredients list: Glycerin, Coconut Oil, Water, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Lauryl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Betaine, Rose (0.5%) Fragrance, Camellia Oil, Tocopheryl, Green Tea Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Apricot Seed Oil, Yeast/Fermented Rose Extract Filtrate (0.01%), Basil Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lime Oil, Pot Marjoram Oil, Orange Seed Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil
Needless to say, this little stick of wonder is here to stay. It’s the one thing I’m sure to bring when I travel. It never irritates my skin. It smells like soft, pillowy roses. And it even has some real rose petals pressed into the formula! Need I say more?